Wednesday 14 November 2012

WOYWW? #2

Do you know what?  I may have actually taken a picture, written some words and posted it all up in the right place this week!

I've been determined to get on with making Xmas decorations for my new house, but have been struggling with inspiration of late.  The red discs toward the back of the shot were inspired by my colleague, Janet (Fairy Thoughts).  She is holding a Christmas craft workshop at work this Saturday and had course info leaflets printed out which showed a picture of Xmas decs she'd made, so i used the round design and sewed anything that came to hand on them (yarn, buttons, safety pins, beads, ribbon, etc).  I've attached ribbons to them and am hoping they make their way onto the as yet, non-existent Christmas tree.

Next to all that is a template for the two Christmas stockings I'm making for my partner Dan and I.  I got the fabric from work.  It's thicker than cotton, but not as rough as sacking/hessian and has a delightful print of Santa and Rudolph on it.  See -

I'm going to line the stockings (for no real reason, other than extra work for myself) with the spotty multi-coloured fabric seen in this picture.  I'm hoping to give them drawstring openings but shall see about that when i'm a bit further down the track.

Other things to do this week include: Cutting stock card into Christmas cards, figuring out what I've done with all the Christmas themed cross stitches i did earlier this year that are meant to go on the aforementioned cards, cut gift tags out of old birthday cards, potato print brown paper for  gift wrap and wrap the presents bought so far.  Fun times!

Go and have a look at the other blogs that Julia stamping-ground has signed up while i get on with this mountain of craft!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lucy
    Love the decorations . . . so many!
    I dont think you did the link right on julia's site ... the link didn't work. you need to copy the published post not before in blogger. 3rd time lucky :)
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Must try harder...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hullo there Lucy, ah enjoying your desk here you have some good crafty idea going on - have popped over from Janet's desk, not sure you have linked over if no-one else has come over?..
    Thanks so much for sharing ~ happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz. x #10
    PS. ah you need to remove word verification too if you want folk to leave comments it is really hard for some of us to read those tiny hard things (like me).. just Google remove word verification on blogger lots of folks tell you how to do it :D

    ReplyDelete