Tuesday 12 March 2013

WOYWW 197

Hello all, and welcome to another week of What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday.  To have a look at other desks, visit Ms. Julia's blog at Stamping Ground.

This week, I have two desks to show you, the greedy swine that I am!

This is my regular desk:
On the left is a cross stitch I'm doing for my friend Matthew, who turns 40 this weekend.  I ditched the original tree pattern I was going to make as it would have taken too long.  I'l be making that for my friend Naomi's 30th birthday in May, so I've got a bit of time to go on that.  I wanted to spell his birthday out in Roman numerals and chanced upon the Latin for Happy Birthday, so with a bit of luck, it should end up reading:
FELIX NATALIS 
XVI 
III 
MCMLXXIII
XL

Or...

Happy Birthday
16th
March
1973
40

I have started on this year's Christmas cards.  Nathans Diatom cross stitch is coming along nicely at week 3.

This is my dining room table this week:

OH and I are starting the ridiculous process of clearing his Granny's trailer so we can move her closer to us as she is on her own miles from any family, at the age of 88.  This picture shows all the salvaged and cleaned items found in her kitchen.  Our job now is to decide what we're keeping and what's getting divvied up between friends/Ebay/Facebay/Freecycle and charity shops.  Out of shot are boxes of metal, plastic, glass, wood and pottery items that are heading straight to the tip as they have all cooked their last.

Exciting times!  We're going back to Granny's this Thursday for more stuff, so there may well be another table shot next week.  Stay tuned folks.

Thanks for popping by, and sorry for the long post! xxx

15 comments:

  1. WOW you are busy! Good luck unloading all the stuff. I need to do that before much longer so my dear kids don't have to do it for me. I have way too much junk! Thanks for sharing. Have a great week. Vickie #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's all looking good Lucy. good idea with the latin... have you just started advertising for Primark too.
    The dining room table looks like something from the Victorian farm, you will have fun with this lot.
    whats the green roundy thing at the front... looks a bit like handcuffs !!!
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a Big job sorting everything out, It can be Interesting and emotive all rolled into one x
    Seeing items that trigger memories and hidden Treasures that you can find new use for :)
    Hope it all goes well
    Happy WOYWW Heather #46

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy, that's a busy desk AND a busy dining room table! Love that you're helping your Granny move closer :-)

    Happy woyww

    Debs #84

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy WOYWW. A busy desk - and good luck with clearing out the trailer/getting your Nan settled. Ali x #34

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cleaning out is always hard. What an orderly collection. Have a good week and find time to create.
    Monica #84

    ReplyDelete
  7. lots of lovely stuff going on on your two desks I bet you uncovered a few treasures with the clearing out
    Happy WOYWW
    Ria 60

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the roman numerals birthday cross stitch. Inspired idea!
    Happy Wednesday
    Laura
    :)
    68

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorting family things is always a though one, good luck with getting your Nan settled., 88 is a long life to sort through.
    Krisha #97

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cross stitch is looking great. I don't envy you the task of sorting through your Granny's stuff.

    Happy WOYWW Susi #64

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always appreciate a fellow cross-stitcher! Best of luck with arranging your sweet Granny! Hugs and happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #20

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a happy desk! Love the stitching you have going on there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your birthday card sounds amazing, how brilliant to stitch it.
    You look as though you are having a happy time sorting out all your granny's things, bet you discover some real treasures.
    Happy WOYWW
    hugs Lisax #59

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the idea of the latin for a big birthday keepsake, great idea. I know it can't be, but it looks very like a miniature fruit machine on the dining table..really, does his Granny know yo're clearing out her games too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lucy, ah great idea for card and yes know all about time being of the essence in the making of it if only our ideas would go as quickly or also as quickly as our thought processes, great things with granny - think very good idea to bring her nearer family take care, happy WOYWW, Shaz in Oz.x #15

    ReplyDelete