Tuesday 25 June 2013

WOYWW 212

Hello again!  It's another week's peek at crafty desks across the globe and you can join in too by clicking  here.

This is my desk this week...

I am currently painstakenly filling in all the washed out areas on my favourite top with a dye pen.  I can't do more than 10 mins at a time due to sheer boredom, but I'm not ready to let it go, so suffer I must.

There is a pile of stitchbows waiting for m to wrap my DMC flosses onto.  That will probably happen on Sunday.

OH is a computer game nut and he has been known to buy limited edition merchandise.  The foldy paper you see with shapes on is a 3D tab Duke Nuken doll.  Oh yes.  I will show him off next week to you all.


The wedding present continues.  Starting to get irked with it now.  Don't worry, this is perfectly normal behaviour for me.  When I start a cross stitch, I am in love with it.  Then comes the obsession in stitching it every waking minute that I am not at work.  Then I get irked, start to dispise the piece and at the point of handing it over to it's new owner, I utterly hate the thing.  Thank goodness I have a deadline!

Thanks for peeking at my desk this week!
x

9 comments:

  1. I love cross stitch but I find it takes forever to see any progress

    Thanks for sharing and have a great week

    Candace #43

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the finished x stitch but then, neither can you! Are you going to the Larmer Tree Festival? We are, can't wait!
    Hugs. Pam#28

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Haven't done any cross stitch for ages and I only work on small pieces so can't imagine how you cope with a big piece like this!Chris117

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey lucy
    not sure what the nuke doll is, is it some sort of monkey!!!!!!!!!!
    wedding stitching is looking good
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cross stitching is something I never did get into, but I hate it when a fun project becomes a work project. I know that irk-some feeling all to well.
    Krisha #12

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't crossed stitch in while. I do have about 5 or 6 unfinished projects, and enough materials to start another 5 or 6. I usually find myself a few stitches off 2/3rd's of the way through and end up shelfing whatever I'm working on. I started Art Journaling about a year ago instead. I find it much more enjoyable. I am looking forward to seeing the finished project. Stitch on!!!!! I've started following you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness, that looks like a detailed cross stitch, well done. Thank you for your visit.
    Karen #77

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohmy... what a big image to cross-stitch... haven't done that myself since I was a teen (errmm, 35 years ago??!!) Good luck finishing it! Have a nice and creative week. Happy ~ belated ~ woyww and a hug from Holland. Marit #91

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lucy
    you have so much patience and so much skill I really take my hat off to you. The wedding gift is really coming along well.
    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog
    Ria

    ReplyDelete