Tuesday 29 October 2013

WOYWW 230

Hello again peoples!  I haven't been about for a month or something due to my crappy computer, but it seems to want to keep it together for the time being so here I go...

Most weeks I join in with an online snoop of crafty desks around the world.  Please join in here.  You'll thank me for it.

Anywhoo...

I think it's finally safe to be mentioning the Christmas word now.  Here is my desk:

You can see my painstaking work of hand stamping a roll of brown paper for presents.  IT WILL BE WORTH IT.  Trying not to think about the fact that it's all going to get ripped up and thrown away at the end of it all.

You can also see paint, felt, some wooden decorations that I am decorating and a lot of bits of paper left over from making Christmas cards.  I made 60 in one sitting from the results of last year's Christmas card amnesty I held at work.  While the majority were shop bought and of little inspiration, the handmade ones were invaluable and went a long way.  I am looking forward to expanding my amnesty this year by asking my mum to involve her work colleagues in it at a big local DIY store.  So excited to see what I get - It's like poring through looted treasure!

I was going to show you the box of jams and chutneys I made but my camera's not playing ball today and frankly, I should be lucky it took a picture at all.

Next week, I'll probably be showing off pictures of a TV cosy in progress.  Yes, a TV COSY.  Once upon a time, we had a customer at work ask if we had fabric to make a TV cosy as her TV was too big for her room.  We all had a good chortle. OH asked me to make four (!) cosies for the small flat-screens he has to take to work every week.  I chortle no more.

Have a great week everyone - I hope you make all the things you have/want to get done: xxx

10 comments:

  1. Welcome
    back, but really! a TV cosy, now I've heard everything, chortle chortle chortle
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, let's hope the computer allows you to play more often! Maybe it need a "cosy"! Hugs. Pam#39

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've to complete Hallowe'en before I can start on Christmas.
    Happy Wednesday, Karin #54

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so interested to read about your cards. I make recycled ones every year from the previous years cards. Never thought of asking around for more. I just use the cards sent to my house. So you have given me a great idea for next years cards. Have you got pictures of the ones you made? Thank you for sharing.
    Karen no. 51 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. But any sort of handmade tags or paper always give more pleasure to the maker... It's why I do it too, my menfolk wouldn't even think about it!
    Hugs, LLJ 35 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab idea to make your own wrapping paper, Lucy, even if it's going to be torn; it will sure look lovely under the tree until then! I love recycling old store-bought cards, too. Happy WOYWW and thanks for visiting me! Have a wonderful week! Darnell #9

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your handmade paper! It's going to be so pretty under the tree. You will enjoy photos for years, even though it gets ripped up.

    hugs robin74

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you have some wonderful Christmas wrapping ideas brewing. Except for a stocking stuffer, my wife and I haven't done any Christmas preparations yet. Happy WOYWW and Blessings! #24

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah yeah, one persons madness is definitely another persons good idea. I quite like the idea of a tv cosy for when we're entertaining or something..we used to have the tv in a cupboard, but since that died we seem to have a monstrous one and it won't fit. I'd like my my cosy to exactly match the wallpaper too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. well done you stamping your own wrapping paper tea cosy for a television I though initially you where pulling our legs but some people I guess want special things ! have great week ahead and good luck with christmas card planning and there's nothing better than the goodies you can get from recycled cards belated woyww wishes and crafty hugs Andrea #25

    ReplyDelete